Sunday, January 15, 2012

Frankenstein/ Week 1

Frankenstein is one of those long time classic pieces of literature that ages well in time. I rarely pick up a horror novel, not because I hate reading that type of genre, its just that I need to find one that sparks an interest to me. When I started reading Frankenstein, The first thing that I found interesting was how the way Mary Shelly wrote the book in the same style that Bram Stoker did when he wrote Dracula, which the stories were told through journal entries, and letters from the point of view of the main characters. What really liked about Mary Shelly's imagination for this book was that she was thinking way ahead of her time when coming up with the concept of recreating life and using technology that was far advanced from her time period. The way that the monster was depicted was nothing like the hollywood version, and the fact that it was intelligent and not a mindless monster was very surprising to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment